Thursday, November 27, 2008

WHAT I AM THANKFUL FOR

Where do I start. I am thankful for my parents, that sacrificed so much for there kids. That taught us right from wrong. They weren't afraid to share there mistakes with us. They showed us how to love our spouses, and how to truly love and Cherish our children. I am thankful for having 32 perfect years with my mom. I am thankful for the help that I still receive from her, and mostly all the sweet memories. I am thankful for my dad's willingness to continue to honor my mom. For his emotion that shows us all how much he loves her. I am thankful for them being the greatest grandparents, making each one of there grandkids feel special. I am thankful to both of them for the greatest childhood.

I am thankful for my brother and his family. I love the way he try's to take care of us all. He is such a amazing husband and father. I am thankful for my sister and her sweet tender heart. Her willingness to do without being asked. Becky is also an wonderful wife and mother. I am thankful for the sibling bond we will always have.

I am thankful for my extended family. For the love that they share with my family. I am thankful for the man that they raised. I am thankful that he loves me and all my imperfections.
I am thankful for his willingness to get down on the ground and love and play with his kids. I am thankful that he serves with all his heart in his church callings. I am thankful for laughter in my house.

I am thankful for friendship. New and old, near or far. I have been blessed with the best of friends. Know matter where I am in my life, I have always had the love and support of great friends.

I am thankful for the gospel. For a heavenly father that loved me enough to send his own son to live and die for me. For a Savior that made it possible to live again, so that I can and will see my mother again.

Most of all right now I am thankful for my children, I have been blessed with the six most amazing kids. They have all been healthy and happy. I am thankful for the way that they see life, the way they remind me to live and laugh. I am thankful for the way when my heart aches so much I can just pick one of them up hold them and it makes me feel so comforted. Mostly I am am thankful for the constant distraction they bring. I am so Thankful!

9 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

I loved your post Char! I am thankful for sweet friends like you that inspire me and keep me going during tough times. Love ya!

Haueter Photography said...

I love this post. You really do have the cutest kids! I'm sad we didn't get to see you with Ryan. Thank you for the extremely cute blanket and outfit. I have never seen a blanket like that. I love it!!! You are way too nice. I hope all is well and that you had a good thanksgiving. We really did miss you and can't wait to see you. Love ya!
Aleisha

The LaDuke Justice League said...

Hey Charlee, good to hear from you. Cute, cute kids. As for us, we're up in Montana in the Air Force. We'll be here until July of 09, then we'll get another 2-year assigment somewhere, we don't know where yet. The plan after that is to go back to AZ, probably Gilbert for a few years and then ultimately up in Snowflake. We'll see. I'm liking Montana for the most part, it is really pretty. We're trying to be more outdoorsy, but haven't been real successful. We keep trying though, those fish have to bite sometime:)
take care,
Alicia

TJ Eich said...

I love this post! I'm so glad that we have these blogs to keep up with each other! You are so sweet and I love you to death. :)

P.S. Come get a holiday background from my website. :>

April said...

Hey Charlee! I love your blog! Your family is adorable! I can't believe how big your kids are! I was sad to hear about your mom. She was such a wonderful person. I hope that you, Becky, Brett and your dad doing as well as can be hoped for. Please know that Drew and I send our love and concern for you and your family! Your family has always been good to us and we really appreciated it!
April

Ryan Montgomery said...

What a beautiful family. That is a ton of kids...you and Tobi have everyone beat. Good for you!

Unknown said...

OK! Where are you?!?! You were just GONE!!!...was to quick! We miss you and love all your cute kids! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that this new year will be the BEST ever for your sweet family!

Brenda said...

Hey...we miss you!!!! (sorry, but the post from Ole is me...I didn't know I was logged in as him!)...just thinking about you and wishing your family a wonderful new year! Come visit! We would love to see you!

The Slider Family said...

Hey Charlee! That is so funny to hear that McKenzie is the same way. Kynlee's eye mask came with her High School Musical pajamas she got for Christmas. It was good to hear from you.