
He ended up with Best of Show and thought that was great.



So this was something new for me. I had never heard of Raingutter Rattas. We had been in Snowflake and we were not planning on being here for this. We got the kit the day before and it had no instructions in it. So with a little instruction from Tommy Norris, a few hours of sanding, a red and blue sharpie(this was our paint) we had ourselves a boat. Mason wanted a cross bone on the front so it would look like a Pirate ship, so about 5 minutes before we left to go compete this is the best I could do. Not to shabby!
Ryan and I had gone over with Mason that this was just for fun if he lost, no big deal just have fun. Me being as competitive as I am told him to make quick short blows on the sail as fast as he could. He won his first race. The second race he just lost, I could tell he was going to cry. I was standing in the back. He came back crying and I was so mad. I told him he could go sit in the car, that we had already talked about this that it is just for fun. He said I'm not crying because I lost I'm crying cause I feel like I'm going to die! He doesn't have the best of lungs. He has pretty bad asthma. The poor fela, because of my instructions I had the poor kid hyperventilating. There was another kid who's head felt like it was going to pop!
He really didn't want to race again. I told him we don't quit just to take it easy just finish. They never called him up to race again, it was suppose to be double elimination. I was just fine with that. On the way home Mason said
MASON: Mom don't you think that's weird they didn't call me up to race again.
ME: I'm glad they didn't your lungs were hurting so bad already.
MASON: I think grandma did it, she didn't want me to pass out in front of everyone.
I do think she was watching him. She probably got such a laugh out of all of it!


3 comments:
I loved Mason's pirate ship! I don't seem to remember you taking art in school, but that was pretty dang good! And Mason is so thoughtful and in tune spiritually to say that about his Grandma! Made me want to cry! We just love him!
Hi char, I love the pictures of your kid-os they are so stinking cute. I know I am a little late, but I am so sorry about your mom. You did such a great job at the funeral, you are such a strong person.
Poor Mason! I'm glad his lungs survived that race, he's such a sweetie pie...
Love you tons Mason!
Post a Comment